Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
After coming in late from a trip, I picked up a Greek Pizza at a deli for a quick meal. We all loved it. Here's my attempt at duplicating the taste at home, which actually turned out better than the original!
- 2 (14 inch) pizza crusts, unbaked (I use Pizza Dough and Sauce)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup small fresh spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 red onions or 1⁄2 sweet vidalia onion, sliced very thin
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 4 -6 ounces sliced black olives
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat the crust dough out on two greased pizza pans.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients, stirring until smooth. Divide between crusts.
- Top each pizza with half the mozzarella cheese, followed by other ingredients in order given.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400Ã‚Â°F for 20 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly.