Easy Mediterranean Pizza
photo by ndea_rayne
- Ready In:
- 1 pre-made prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup pesto sauce (use bottled or make your own)
- 1 cup artichoke heart
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 cup wilted spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, asiago and provolone cheese mix
- olive oil
- pine nuts (optional)
- chicken breast, strips (optional)
- fresh basil (optional)
- bell pepper (optional)
- pepperoni or salami (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush pizza shell with olive oil.
- Spread pesto sauce thoroughly over the surface of the shell, leaving the edge as a crust.
- Top with olives, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, wilted spinach leaves and cover with cheeses.
- Place pizza directly on oven rack for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted from centre to edge.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This tasted like something that might be served in an upscale restaurant. I used a whole grain pita for my crust, and omitted the olive oil (since my pesto already had oil in it.) Plenty of fresh toppings made for a very flavorful and hearty meal, and it only took a few minutes to throw together - not much more time than opening a frozen pizza, really.
Made this last night. I absolutely loved the colors and flavors of this pizza. I used a thin crust which is my preferred crust for Mediterranean pizzas I've purchased from restaurants. One thing to note, if you buy pesto sauce, check the oil content. I didn't do that, so there was just a little too much oil. I still loved it though. I can't wait to make it again.
I just finished eating half of my pizza! It was super tasty. A bit salty, but that was most likely the pesto sauce. There was olive oil in the pesto sauce, so next time I make this I wont be brushing olive oil on the crust..It was running off. Other than that, a delicious recipie! I'm making 2 for Father's Day!
see 3 more reviews
This recipe uses some of my most favorite ingredients. To make it even easier for the 2 of us, I used 2 large whole wheat pitas for the crust. I made my own pesto sauce (lower fat) and used low fat feta. Artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes contained no extra oil and I omitted the extra olive oil as well. Instead of the Italian cheese mix I used some leftover Mexican and sprinkled with a bit of parmesan. BF asked me if there was more before he was halfway through finishing. Excellent recipe to go into my quick & tasty cookbook. Thanks!