1/3 Photos of Mediterranean Baked Brown Rice
1 hr 35 mins
Inspired by RSC#11 ingredients. If you enjoy Mediterranean flavors, you'll enjoy this. Vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 shallots, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups long grain brown rice
- 3 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced (about 1 cup baby bellas)
- 1/2 cup dried sun-dried tomato, chopped kitchen shears work good (about 1.5oz)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, drained and sliced (about 2oz) (optional)
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning or 1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more to taste (optional)
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded (about 1.5oz)
- 2 cups spinach, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced or 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 key limes, juice and zest of
- crumbled feta cheese, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saute for about 3 minutes until they start to brown.
- 3Add garlic and saute another 2 minutes.
- 4Add rice and stir-fry until it browns about 10 minutes.
- 5Stir mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and artichoke hearts into rice and pour into an 8x8 baking dish.
- 6Heat water, bouillon, seasoning and peppers until boiling. Immediately pour over rice.
- 7Cover baking dish tightly with 2 layers of foil.
- 8Bake for 75 minutes.
- 9Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- 10Stir in asiago, spinach, parsley, basil, lime juice and zest. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 11Uncover and let sit 5 more minutes before serving.
- 12Top with crumbled feta to serve, if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Baked Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.7
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 113.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes