Recipe by John DOH
A good meatloaf, served up with gently sauteed onions, "You only Live Once" potatoes, peas and carrots, and of course, the resulting gravy. Uses 2 lbs meat, total. We can just "inhale" a dinner like this! Some "fun" can be had with this recipe by substituting 3 medium or hot Italian sausages (skinned, of course) in lieu of the ground pork.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup garlic seasoned croutons, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 tablespoons garlic, grated
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup hot mustard
- 2 tablespoons Tex-Mex seasoning
- 1 celery rib, diced finely
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Assemble ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat together very well with a fork, ensuring meat is mixed very thoroughly.
- Pregrease a bread pan and gently transfer meat mixture, taking care not to "pack" the mix.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until meat thermometer reads 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain and reserve liquid for gravy.
- Cover with foil paper and rest 20 minutes.