Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple recipe for leftovers. Souper easy and souper good!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add the onion, mushrooms, carrot, and thyme, and saute until the onion is just translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the broth and mashed potatoes. Stir until potatoes are mostly dissolved and broth is smooth.
- Add the turkey and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This was good, and gives a lot of flavor for how easy it is to mix up with leftover potatoes and poultry (I used chicken instead of turkey). I thought it was a little thin; maybe it would have been better with 3 cups of chicken broth instead of 4. I also added some chopped celery with the other vegetables.