Recipe by Dancer^
This combination is highly flavorful and very spicy. If you're not sure if you'd like Old Bay Seasoning, use only a tablespoon or less at first.
Top Review by bella214
I made this soup last night for dinner. What a treat. Very delicious and different from other crab soups I have tried. No rich and cream based, but savory and tomato based in flavor. My husband and I both loved the Old Bay seasoning and used all 1 1/2 tablespoons. Thanks Dancer^.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning, less to taste,see note
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 (6 ounce) cansfancy crabmeat
- 1 small sliced onion
- 1 (16 ounce) canseasoned diced tomatoes (we used tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic and oregano)
- 2 cups chicken broth, thickened with
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve Old Bay Seasoning in rice vinegar.
- Add crab meat and marinate for 5 minutes.
- Put in a medium pot.
- Add onion.
- Dissolve cornstarch in chicken broth and add to pot, along with the tomatoes.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes and uncovered for another 5 minutes.
- Ready to serve when heated through.