Garlic Bread Topped With Crab Meat and Spinach
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 1 lb loaf fresh garlic bread, sliced
- 6 ounces fresh lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach, squeezed of all liquid
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, Old Bay, adjust to taste
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- oil, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place all slices of bread on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Place under broil to lightly brown one side flip lightly brown other side.
- Mix all topping ingredients together gentle.
- Top the bread with the topping mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle lightly with oil. Place under broiler a couple minutes till bubbly and lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
DH loved this! So did I, of course, but he doesn't eat cheese and he still enjoyed it. I used Old Bay Seasoning, homemade gluten free french bread baguette and had to use fake crab, which is definitely not my first choice, but there wasn't enough fresh crab to make it worth cracking and have to buy fake stuff anyway. I'll be making this again when I've got fresh crab available because this recipe reminds me of one my mom used to make when I was a kid. She used English muffins as the base and sometimes crab, shrimp or tuna in the topping. Great recipe, Rita! Thanks for bringing back some fond memories. :)
This was really good! I enjoyed a different way to have crab, but my husband thought it was too fishy for him. He sure did eat his share though! I may split this in 1/2 and make crab for me and chicken for him and use fresh baby spinach. I always have it on hand and this would be a great way to use up the last bit when it starts to wilt. And I have to say that scrumptious photo is what got me to this recipe! Thanks Rita!