1/3 Photos of Marinated Steaks With a Tangy Butter
The Flying Chef's Note:
his is a very easy steak recipe to make and it is good for anything from a Sunday BBQ, to a dinner party. We love the butter that goes with these steaks and it so easy to prepare and makes for something a little different from the usual Cafe De Paris butter that is more expected. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Cafe De Paris butter and it is possibly my favourite of all butters to make, but this one tastes great and is not so labour intensive. I marinated our steaks in the morning before work and then cooked them in the evening, but they could easily be done the night before and this would be much better if cooking for a lunchtime BBQ the next day, to allow enough marinating time. Cook time does not include fridge time for butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 filet of beef (or your favourite cut)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 7.39 ml black peppercorns
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 236.59 ml red wine
- 2Combine all butter ingredients in a bowl, make sure you mix well.
- 3Spoon butter into some foil, roll butter to form a log shape, twist ends of foil so you have what looks like a mini Christmas cracker.
- 4Refrigerate until firm.
- 6Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl, add steaks, cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 7Remove steaks, discard marinade, grill, BBQ or pan fry steaks until cooked as desired. Allow steaks to rest before serving.
- 8Note: I slice the butter and place it on top of steaks while they are resting on a board so they are still hot enough to start to melt the butter.
- 9Serve steaks topped with a slice of butter and mash or roasted potatoes and fresh vegetables.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Steaks With a Tangy Butter
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.1
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 184.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef