Recipe by breezermom
I love kabobs....I love the flavor the meat absorbs from the vegetables that surround it, and I love the flavor absorbed by the marinade. Best of all, I love that the veggies and meat are all cooked together....leaving nothing but rice and a salad or bread for me to have a complete meal! Prep time does not include the 2 hour marinating time!!
Top Review by diner524
Wow what a wonderful and unique marinade!!! I think this is my new favorite. Even my DH who rarely comments on food, said it smelled wonderful while grilling. I made this exactly as written for the marinade and went the lazy route, just cooked the sirloin steak whole and sliced up afterwards. I chose green pepper and onions to use on a kabob next to the meat on the grill, which I also basted with some of the marinade when first put on the grill. I served this with Recipe #385071 and a salad for a fantastic meal. Made for a huge "Thank You" to my wonderful PAC Mom!!!
- 1⁄4 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage (like 7-up or Sprite)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, cut into eighths
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, caps only
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small pineapple, cut into 1 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large shallow bowl or ziplock bag. Add the beef cubes; cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, stirring or turning occasionally. Remove the beef cubes from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Thread the beef cubes, tomatoes, onion, mushroom caps, green pepper, red pepper, and pineapple onto the skewers, repeating the repetition.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes or to your desired level of doneness, turning and basting with the reserved marinade.