Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low fat and easy with fresh summer flavours. You can use canned mangoes or substitute canned peaches. Adapted from Cooking Light.
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups watermelon, in 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup mango, in 1/2 inch dice (or canned peaches)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a zipper bag and mix.
- Add chicken, seal, and smoosh around to coat.
- Refrigerate 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Combine salsa ingredients and stir.
- Plate chicken on pre-heated grill coated with cooking spray.
- Grill 5 minutes on each side, less for thighs, or until cooked through.
- Serve with salsa.
Easy and delicious!
We have made this recipe 4 times in the past month. The chicken marinade is delicious. The watermelon and mango salsa gives this a refreshing flavor. We have even made the chicken and used it on sandwiches at BBQs.
Soooooo yummy!! A girlfriend of mine made this over the weekend and it was fantastic!