Recipe by Jellyqueen
I found this recipe in a Quick Cooking cook book and revised it just a little to suit my family's taste. Hope you enjoy. Cook time is mostly chill time. It needs to be in the fridge long enough to chill completely. I do like to make mine the day before I intend to serve.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This was good, but I thought it needed something extra, so I added in some garlic powder, salt and black pepper, I also cut down the sugar a bit, and I am glad that I did as it would have been too sweet for our tastes. Thanks JQ!...Kitten
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans
- 1 3⁄4 cups frozen English peas
- 1 3⁄4 cups frozen white shoepeg corn
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour over veggies and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled. I do mine the night before I intend to serve.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.