Quick Ham and Potato Scallop
Posted from Taste of Home, Quick Cooking cook book as a recipe request.
- Ready In:
- 1 (5 ounce) package scalloped potatoes mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups fully cooked and cubed ham
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In an ungreased 2 qt baking dish, combine potatoes with sauce mix.
- boiling water and butter.
- Stir in milk, ham, and beans.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degree oven for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occassionaly.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I followed this recipe, except i doubled everything. Went VERY heavy on the ham(almost triple the original recipe, my family are all big but HEALTHY eaters!!) Then I had a thought.. again my Dad especially being a big Italian eater, so I added a pack of “Idahoan” 4 cheese mashed potatoes, and the 2 cups of water it calls for to make them. Some pepper and a little seasoning salt, 45 mins on 400* in the oven...SO GOOD!!!! If you have left over ham or just want to try something different for a big family meal or a pot luck get together.. WINNER and so easy!