Recipe by Sassy in da South
An easy to prepare main dish that is delicious too!
Top Review by jacurlynengelmann
These were amazing! My 7 year old son was complaining before dinner that he doesn't like pork chops but as soon as he tried it he was telling me how much he loved pork chops. My 3 year old even asked for more! Our new family favorite!
- 6 pork chops
- vegetable oil (small amount for browning chops)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- flour (as needed to thicken the gravy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly brown the pork chops in a small amount of oil, then place them in a flat baking dish with sides.
- Combine the other ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until warm; pour over chops.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Place the pork chops on a warming platter and pour the sauce into a saucepan.
- Thicken it slightly with flour to make a gravy, salt to taste, and serve it over the chops.