Recipe by Rhonda in Texas
I like making thss recipe in the fall. The kitchen has the aroma of maple syrup. This is good with egg noodles or some baked sweet potato.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large skillet, brown pork chops. Place pork chops in 9x13 inch pan.
- In medium saucepan on low heat, combine onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, chili powder, pepper, maple syrup and water. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture over pork chops.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes basting occasionally. Then uncover for 15 minutes more.
- Remove pork chop, then thicken gravy with flour.