Maple Syrup Pork Chops
An easy to prepare main dish that is delicious too!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 6 pork chops
- vegetable oil (small amount for browning chops)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- flour (as needed to thicken the gravy)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly brown the pork chops in a small amount of oil, then place them in a flat baking dish with sides.
- Combine the other ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until warm; pour over chops.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Place the pork chops on a warming platter and pour the sauce into a saucepan.
- Thicken it slightly with flour to make a gravy, salt to taste, and serve it over the chops.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was really good! I seasoned 2 thick-cut pork chops with salt and pepper on each side, browned, and removed from the pan. Then I added a little more oil to the pan and added a small chopped onion and sauteed it for a few minutes before adding the remaining sauce ingredients. I then poured all of this on top of the pork chops. I wish the sauce had been a little thicker. I ended up making a small ramekin of it and dipping my pork into it. It was tasty! My husband said this goes in the "Make Again" file! Thank you for sharing!Reply
see 16 more