Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
From Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes.
Make and share this Mango-Chipotle Pot Roast - Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mango chunks
- 2 medium red bell peppers, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chipotle salsa (Pace makes a great one!)
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can mango nectar
- hot cooked orzo pasta (optional) or egg noodles (optional)
- Sprinkle roast with steak seasoning.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine mango, bell peppers, and onion. Place roast on top of fruit and vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa and mango nectar. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Transfer roast and 1/2 of the mango and vegetables to a serving platter. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Transfer remaining mixture in slow cooker to a blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Serve with roast and reserved vegetables. Serve with hot cooked orzo or egg noodles (optional).
my hubby loved this. only thing i would change out of personal preference is to puree all of the veggies instead of half. and, out of necessity, i put it on high for 5 hours and it still turned out great!
Excellent pot roast. My wife hates, hates, hates pot roast! Did I mention that she hates pot roast? She loved this pot roast. Rather than buying Montreal seasoning, I made my own using Montreal Steak Seasoning. I sub'ed Goya Frozen Mango Pulp in place of the Mango nectar. Blending half of the veggies, mangos, and juice is a must do. It makes an excellent sauce for the meat. Will make this again, for sure! I should add that I seasoned the chuck overnight and browned it before putting it in the crock pot.