Cajun Red Beans With Andouille Sausage (Crock Pot)
From Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes 2. I got this great cookbook from breezermom, my partner for Feb '09 Cookbook swap!
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 8mins
- 1 (13 ounce) package cajun style andouille sausages, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with onions and green peppers)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup converted rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper
- In a 4-quart slow cooaker, combine sausage, beans, tomatoes, and green peppers.
- In a medium bowl, stir together rice, vegetable stock, and Cajun seasoning. Pour into slow cooker and stir thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 3 to 4 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was great! I ended up doing mine on the stove top and it was pretty quick. I just sauteed the sausage and onion then threw everything else in, I also added some frozen okra. Let it simmer for a bit till it was nice and thick, served over rice and it was awesome! I will definitely be making this again. Thanks!
Great, simple recipe. Made this for potluck at work...put it in crockpot when I got to work and it was ready for lunch. Made our lunch room smell heavenly! Wasn't quite as spicy as I like but a few dashes of tabasco sauce fixed that. I think this particular andouille sausage was less hot than others I have had...Thanks for sharing a great recipe
Not bad. Hot, hot, hot! I used 5 oz andouille sausage, leaving measurements for the other items the same. (Whew! glad I did.) It didn't need any more andouille than that for us. Added 2 cups more water than called for because the mixture was very, very thick. I also added 3/4 cup diced onions and 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms, which enhanced the dish. (Exchanged green pepper for red as well.) A good stick to your ribs cold weather meal which I would make again.