Cajun Sausage and Red Beans
This is a spicy and zesty dish. You may serve it over rice, or as a soup. This is great served with cornbread, or corn muffins and green onions.
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 5mins
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes & chilies (I use extra hot, but use mild, or original if you like)
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (or serve on the side)
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours.
- May be served over cooked rice, if desired, or as a thick and zesty soup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was a hit with the entire family from a 3 year old to the parents. The only problem, which was totally on our part, was that we didn't use the best sausage. We'll definitely make it again, but with a better smoked sausage from the coop, Lunds or Kowalskis. <br/><br/>We used basmati rice and served it with a rice casserole, which we will post shortly.<br/><br/>J
Very good! I followed recipe exactly except that I used smoked Turkey sausage instead of regular. This dish has great flavor, is quick and easy and I will definitely make it again. Our beans and meat came out a little too soft, so I would cook no more than about 6 hours next time. Thanks for sharing!