Blackeyed Peas and Cajun Sausage
photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 lb dried black-eyed peas
- 1 lb andouille sausage (cut bite size or use what you have)
- 4 cups water to cover peas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 3 -4 chopped scallions (green onion)
- Pick (remove any bad peas) and wash peas.
- Combine in sauce pan with sausage, water, seasons, onions and pepper. Cover and simmer over low flame for 1 and 1 1/2 hour or until tender.
- Add water if needed.
- You want to have enough water to make thick gravy.
- Add green onions (scallions) and serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!