Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From: Boschendal Wine Estate Restaurant, Cape Province, South Africa. It is actually a delicious cake but rich!! Very simple to make.
- Beat the egg and sugar well in a mixer. Add the jam,
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the butter add the vinegar and milk.
- Add liquids to egg mixture alternately with the flour. Beat well .
- Bake in a COVERED dish such as Corel at 350F for 45 minute to 1 hour. It is important to use a covered dish otherwise the sauce won't soak into cake.
- Melt together the ingredients for the sauce and pour over the pudding as it comes out of the oven.
- You will not beleive the taste! I never add whipping cream or Cool whip as it is quite rich the way it is.