1/2 Photos of Malay Style Curry Puff
This is a very common snack in Malaysia and Singapore. You can find it anywhere here. Hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For water dough
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 ml water, mixed with
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening or 1 tablespoon margarine
For oil dough
- 1To make WATER DOUGH, place flour in a mixing bowl.
- 2Rub in shortening and add in the water.
- 3Knead into a smooth dough and leave aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- 4Divide into 12 equal portions.
- 5To make OIL DOUGH, rub shortening or margarine into the flour to form an oily dough.
- 6Divide into 12 equal portions.
- 7To make FILLING, heat pan with 3 tbsp oil.
- 8Fry all the ingredients till fragrant.
- 9Add water and fry till dry.
- 10Add water again and fry till dry and potato become soft.
- 11Cover the pan once in a while so that the potato will be cooked faster.
- 12Leave to cool.
- 13Next wrap oil dough inside water dough.
- 14Flatten the dough using a rolling pin to shape a thin circle.
- 15Add filling and seal the sides.
- 16Pinch the edges to form a scallop design or any design Deep fry puffs in medium hot oil.
- 17*Note: You can make the filling a bit more saltier because when you eat it with the puff it will make the filling taste blander.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malay Style Curry Puff
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.7
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g