beaten egg yolks, mixed with a little water for glazing
Serving Size: 1 (1648) g
Servings Per Recipe:
AMT. PER SERVING% DAILY VALUE
Calories from Fat 194 g59 %
Total Fat 21.6 g33 %
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57 %
Cholesterol 74.5 mg
Sodium 380.3 mg
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9 %
Sugars 1.1 g4 %
Protein 4.5 g
Cook the Curry Potatoes and Chicken first.
1. Fry the onion and shallot in the oil.
2. Add in the chicken and stir fry till done.
3. Add in the pre-cooked potatoes, curry paste, light soya sauce, salt and water.
4. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, till quite dry. Remove from heat.
To make the Short Crust Pastry,.
1. Sift the flour with salt.
2. Cut the butter into thin slices.
3. Rub the butter quickly and lightly into with the sifted flour with your fingertips; breaking the butter up into smaller bits coated with flour. Lift mixture while rubbing-in to incorporate air. Do not overhandle or the butter will melt and the mixture will become sticky.
4. Add the cold water and mix it into a dough ball.
5. Spilt the dough ball in half.
6. Roll the the dough out quickly on a floured board to about 0.4cm in thickness.
7. Use a bowl or cutter of diameter 12cm to cut the dough into circles.
Putting it All Together.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2. Put two tablespoons of curry on each dough circle.
3. Wet the edge and fold in half, pinching the edges together.
4. Arrange on a baking tray and glaze with eggs.
5. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.