Savory Salmon Puff
photo by Nif_H
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 25mins
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned red salmon, well drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and chopped (use red or green, about 1/3 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 1 large celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 pinch dried dill (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste, or use white salt, seasoned salt is better!)
- black pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed according to package directions (from a 17-ounce box)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl combine the softened cream cheese and mayo.
- Add in salmon, lemon juice (if using) bell pepper, olives, celery, green onion and dill; mix well to combine.
- Season with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Set oven to 400 degree.
- Place one thawed pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface; roll out to a 12x10-inch rectangle.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Brush the edges of the sheet with egg.
- Spread the salmon mixture over the pastry up to 1-inch from edges.
- Roll the second sheet out to the same size as the first sheet.
- Place over the filling, matching the edges and crimp to seal.
- Score the top of pastry diagonally in both directions at 1-inch intervals.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cut into slices with a serrated knife and serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a very savoury and very delicious treat for supper tonight! I cut the recipe in half. I made the salmon mixture last night, using fresh broiled salmon fillets and low fat mayo and no fat cream cheese. Next time I will use half the salt. I also brushed egg on the whole Puff. It took me about 10 minutes to prepare dinner tonight, which is great after a long day at work! Made for Think Pink tag. Thanks Kittencal! :)