Microwave Chile Egg Puff
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- picante sauce (optional)
- Place butter in a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe baking dish. Microwave on High fr about 45 seconds or until butter is melted. Break eggs into dish and beat with a wire whisk until blended. Then mix in flour, baking powder, salt, cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cups of the monterey jack cheese, and chiles until blended. Smooth to make an even layer.
- Microwave, uncovered, on Medium-High for 5 minutes. Remove dish from oven and stir, bringing cooked edges of mixture toward center of dish and allowing uncooked portion to flow to edges. Then microwave, uncovered, on Medium-High for 5 more minutes, giving dish a half-turn after 2-1/2 minutes (if your microwave does not have a turntable). Sprinkle egg puff with remaining 1/2 cup of monterey jack cheese. Microwave,uncovered, on High for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and puff appears barely set in center. Let stand, uncovered, for 10 minutes; puff should feel firm in center when lightly touched.
- Offer picante sauce to spoon over individual portions, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Update: I have changed my profile picture in honor of my dear best friend and loyal companion that I lost to cancer on 6/25/11. Maxx was the best dog that anyone could ever hope to have in their life. Until we meet again, sweet boy, you will be forever in my heart and memories. I currently live in the country with two dogs (a 12 pound poodle mix named Suki and a new member to the family, a 7-month old(?) 7.5 pound terrier mix named Angel ). I got Angel from the dog pound a week after I lost my beloved Maxx. Suki and I both needed a new companion to help us cope with our loss. Nothing will ever replace Maxx, but she has helped to uplift Suki's spirit. I am a secretary for a county school board. I love to cook, bake, crochet, paint, sew, read and anything to do with crafts. I was born in Tokyo,Japan. My father was in the Air Force and my moher was Japanese. I love to cook (and eat) a variety of foods from many different nations. I especially like trying out new recipes and experimenting with both old and new recipes. I also love participating in the great Zaar events like the tag games, recipe swaps, and Zaar World Tours. I recently participated in my first RSC contest. I have definitely had a lot of fun since joining Recipezaar. Update - September 20, 2007 I am proud to announce that I have just been blessed with my first grandchild. My son and daughter-in-law have given me a beautiful little granddaughter. [URL=http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x147/Crafty_Lady_13/?action=view¤t=f6fd3ae3.pbw][IMG]http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x147/Crafty_Lady_13/th_102_0365-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Make Reservation Online Create your own visitor map *************************************************** [Reply]</p>