photo by nerak
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups colby cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt & pepper
- Saute the vegetables in the butter over medium heat until softened, but not browned.
- Set aside to cool thoroughly.
- Whisk together the eggs, then add the cheese.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and pepper and whisk into the egg mixture.
- Add the vegetables, then pour into a greased 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I usually made this Egg Puff with only a can of minced green chilies... I had the additional ingredients to use up and decided to try it (green & red pepper, mushrooms, onions).... The flavor is different, but great in its own right... The only thing I would do is to increase the salt, bc there's 4 additional ingredients (2 cups additional) added. Great recipe! Thank you!
Delicious!! I doubled the ingredient amounts and baked in a 9x13" pan for 45 mins. I used colby/jack cheese and served topped with sour cream and salsa. I think that this recipe would be great with some added cubed ham. I think I'll try that next time! My family loved this and claimed it to be a keeper. Thank you for sharing.