Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another take on luxury scrambled eggs but for the health conscious!
- 2 teaspoons canola oil (best infused for 1-2 weeks with black pepper and chilli)
- 6 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons milk (fat free fat milk is okay to use)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a bowl whisk the eggs vigorously with milk, baking powder, salt and black pepper until very well combined; let stand at room temperature for 5-7 minutes.
- Heat pan and add oil only when pan is hot.
- Whisk eggs again briefly then mix in the cheese (if using).
- Pour into the hot skillet and let bottom crust form then flip over with a small heat-proof spatula (DO not overcook the eggs, they will cook more when removed to a plate!).
- Flake scrambled eggs and serve.
These were lovely scrambled eggs. I never made eggs with baking powder added to them before. It worked really well in this dish. The eggs were light, tender, fluffy and fragile. I enjoyed them prepared this way. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring Pac 2014.