Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious treat!
Make and share this Low-Fat Strawberry Angel Food Cake recipe from Food.com.
Angel food cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg whites (12)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 12 ounces fat-free cool whip
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups strawberries
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix powdered sugar and flour; set aside.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl with electric mixer until foamy.
- Beat in granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, on high speed, adding vanilla, almond extract and salt with the last addition of sugar.
- Continue beating until stiff meringue forms.
- Sprinkle sugar-flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, over meringue, folding in just until sugar-flour mixture disappears. Push batter into ungreased food cake pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. This is a Betty Crocker recipe for angel food cake, you can use the boxed mix as well.
- Add cubed angel food cake in cream cheese mixture and stir until well coated.
- Put the mixture in a 9x12-inch cake pan and cover with sliced fresh strawberries.