Low Fat Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Prepare cake according to the package directions.
- Fold 1/4 of the batter into the pumpkin mixture. Gently fold in the remaining batter.
- Gently spoon the batter into a 10" tube pan.
- Cut through the batter with a knife to remove any air pockets.
- Bake on the lowest rack for 38 - 44 minutes until golden brown and cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Invert on a wire rack immediately.
- Cool for one hour until completely cool. Run knife around the sides and invert on plate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a grandmother who loves having the grandkids around. My son is currently living with me (on a short term basis) so I get to see and spend time with his kids more than I ever had, and that's a great thing. I love trying new recipes and since I have found RecipeZaar, the new dishes have been streaming. Sometimes I think the kids would prefer a little break, but until they speak up, it's something new for them about everytime they visit with us. I don't consider myself a 'cook,' I can only follow recipes. To me a cook is someone who can come up with their own recipes and have success at it (like my daughter).