Chocolate Filled Angel Food Cake
- Ready In:
- Place cake on a serving platter, slice a 1 inch layer from top of cake and set aside.
- Cut around cake 1 inch from outer edge down to 1 inch from the bottom.
- Then cut around cake 1 inch from inner edge down to 1 inch layer on bottom.
- Create a tunnel in middle of cake by removing the tunneled out cake pieces and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk and pudding mix.
- Beat on low for 2 minutes.
- Fold cake pieces and 1-3/4 cups of whipped topping into pudding.
- Fill trench with pudding mixture.
- Replace top of cake.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of cake.
- (AT this point I dust top of cake with a mixture of cocoa that has been mixed with a little powdered sugar) Refrigerate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hmm... let's see.. Cooking is my passion... I'm retired now and able to cook and bake every day. I think the most helpful cookbook that I own would have to be The New Doubleday Cookbook. I just love kitchen gadgets and have many of them. Besides cooking I love to sing and belong to the Sweet Adeline's International. I get very annoyed at people who are LATE! I think it's just as easy to be late as it is to be on time. Well.. thanks to all of you at Zaar for all of your terrific recipes and ideas that bring my friends and family much joy and happiness. They get to try all of my new recipes.