Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I came up with this recipe when I was hungry for a black forest dessert but didn't want all the fat and calories. It doesn't get any easier than this either because there are only 3 ingredients and one pan. I'm sure you could make many variations with other pie fillings/cake mixes/sodas
- 2 (20 ounce) cans no-sugar-added cherry pie filling
- 1 (12 ounce) can diet cola
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- spread pie filling in 9 X 13" pan.
- spread chocolate cake mix on top of pie filling.
- pour cola over cake mix.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 20 minute Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Serve with fat free cool whip or vanilla ice cream.
I made this recipe and it was a complete flop. I baked it at the temp and time it called for and it burnt and was not done. I threw the entire cake out. I will not make this again.