Super Easy Fruit Cocktail Cobbler Cake
photo by docgmr
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fruit cocktail (I use Del Monte Carb Clever to cut down on some of the sugar)
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt one stick of butter in a microwave safe dish for 1 minute 40 seconds on 50% power.
- Pour entire contents of fruit cocktail cans (juice and all) into a 8 X 11 glass pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spread fruit cocktail evenly on bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle box of yellow cake mix, evenly, over top of fruit cocktail. Do NOT mix cake mix and fruit cocktail. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out cake mix.
- Drizzle melted butter over top of cake mix. (Cake mix does not need to be completely covered in butter).
- (Optional - sprinkle a small amount coconut on top of the cake before baking, photo shows it with coconut).
- Bake on 350 degrees for 45 minutes.