Healthyish Blueberry Dump Cake
photo by Crafty Lady 13
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 X 13 pan.
- Rinse blueberries and let drain in a colander.
- Dump blueberries into pan, dump sugar over them, sprinkle some cinnamon over top, dump cake mix over blueberries-sugar mixture.
- Shake pan to evenly distribute.
- Pour buttermilk over cake mix- tipping pan to evenly distribute.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and a teaspoon of sugar over top.Do not stir.
- Bake in oven until top is light brown and blueberries start top poke through.
- Should look solid and cakey- not wet.
- Oven time could be between 20-35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used Pillsbury's sugar-free yellow cake mix. The flavor is good, but there is not enough liquid to cover all the dry cake mix. The dry mix left a slightly funny aftertaste. I took this cake to work and my coworkers enjoyed it. The average ratings came out 3 1/2 stars. I am giving it 4 stars because it is "healthyish." Made for My 3 Chefs October 2013.