1/1 Photo of Low Carb Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
South Beach and Atkins friendly, these mushrooms are missing the typical breadcrumb ingredient but they're so good you won't even notice! Makes a great appetizer, a side dish to meat or fish or even as a main dish served with a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces fresh stuffing mushrooms (I use white or baby bella)
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, for topping
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise or 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise (use no sugar mayo if available)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated,for topping
- black pepper
- olive oil
- 1Rinse and drain crabmeat; combine crab in a medium bowl with onions, oregano, thyme and pepper.
- 2Add mayonnaise and 1/4 cup of cheese and mix well; chill in refrigerator until you're ready to stuff mushrooms.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Clean, dry and stem mushrooms; discard stems.
- 5Scoop out and discard gills.
- 6Fill mushrooms with the crabmeat mixture.
- 7Brush olive oil on mushroom caps; place stuffed caps on a cookie sheet, jelly roll pan or shallow baking dish lined with aluminum foil.
- 8Sprinkle with 3 Tbsp cheese and paprika; bake for 15 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.9
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.7 mg
- Sodium 342.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: