Baked Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 lb button mushroom
- 1 medium green pepper, very finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 lb fresh crabmeat or (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove stems from mushrooms, place caps open end up in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Very finely chop mushroom stems.
- Sauté stems, green pepper and onion in 4 tablespoons butter until translucent (not browned), use more butter if needed.
- And seasoning and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Gently stir in crab, mayonnaise and breadcrumbs, over a low heat, bring to a slight boil for 1 minute.
- Scoop mixture into mushroom caps.
- Pour melted butter over caps.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve as is or with lemon wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Amazing taste, I didn't use the button mushrooms I did upload a photo. I did mess up a little bit I ended up liquefying my peppers. pressed the wrong chop button. Didn't mess with the taste at all. My husband enjoyed these a lot as well. Will be making these again would love to try the smaller mushrooms for a nice appetizer for a party or something. yummy.. Thank you for sharing!<br/><br/>_ need to add info I forgot about making these. and the image looked like my image not until after I printed this and then read my own review for this again. haha i'm naturally back at it. and i plan on taking a better photo!
These were quite tasty! I substituted portobellos for the button mushrooms and used imitation crab meat. I also cut the recipe down by half. Prep was quick and easy. I followed CountryLady's suggestion to cook for only 15 minutes. My husband enjoyed them immensely. I will definately make these again.