Recipe by Carrie A
I have reinvented a lot of my favorite recipes to suit my low carb lifestyle. This is one that you could eat every meal and lose weight! You wouldn't believe it!
Top Review by 996576
This was so delicious! It was literally one of the best chilis I have had, especially for low carb. You would never know it is low carb. It tasted even better the next day (it makes a lot so I ate it for a few days). Has all the ingredients I like in chili, tomatoes, onion, and green pepper. Highly recommend! Lost weight eating it too.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey (can use beef if you do not like ground turkey)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup chili powder (yes 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup splenda artificial sweetener (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot add olive oil.
- Add onion and bell pepper.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic salt and black pepper.
- Put all meat in pan and sauté until fully cooked.
- Drain 3/4 of oil from pan (leave some in for flavor).
- Add both cans of tomatoes with chilies; mix.
- Add chili powder; mix.
- Add cayenne pepper.
- Add Splenda; mix well.
- Let simmer on low heat for at least an hour. The longer it cooks, the better it will taste!