Low Carb Chili
photo by Shrek278
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 large onion (chopped)
- 8 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (with liquid)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chopped onion for 5-7 minutes, until translucent (or increase the time to about 20 minutes if you like them caramelized). Add the garlic and cook for a minute or less, until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef. Cook for 8-10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula, until browned.
- Transfer the ground beef mixture into a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, except bay leaf, and stir until combined. Place the bay leaf into the middle, if using.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. If you used a bay leaf, remove it before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!