Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A low carb but not low fat version of a quiche using meat as a crust. It's actually pretty tasty and can definitely be used during an induction phase of a low carb diet.
- Preheat oven to 350*, Brown ground beef in skillet with onion and garlic.
- Drain off fat and mix in crisp crumbled bacon.
- Mix well to break up any large clumps.
- Press this mixture in the bottom of a deep dish pan or plate.
- Combine eggs, mayo,half and half and mix well.
- Sprinkle cheese over beef crust mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over the beef mixture.
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 350*, until browned and set.
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!! Especially if you are low-carbing. My entire family loves this and requests it every week. even our youngest children (8 and 9) love this recipe. For added spice add some hot sauce or crushed red pepper. My teens love to put ketchup, mustard and pickles on top, sounds odd but it tastes just like a fast food burger, with out all the carbs! Thank you!!!
This is very good. I had just run out of mayo and so I subbed an equal amount of sour cream. I don't know if the mayo would've made the end result creamier or more flavorful, but I really liked the sour cream in this. I also didn't read the directions thoroughly by the time I got to the end, because I sprinkled the cheese over the egg mixture instead of pouring the egg mix over all - oh, well, the cheese browned beautifully and tasted good anyway. No harm done, and I will definitely be making this again! I used a 9" deep dish glass pie plate and baked it for 40 minutes. Thanks for posting such a good recipe!
This was excellent! Being on a low carb diet, this was so flavorful and delicious, I almost forgot how much I miss starchy sides. I used two pounds of ground beef and I cooked it in a casserole dish, but other than that, it is perfect just the way it is written! Thank you for sharing.