Low-Carb Mushroom Crust Quiche
photo by little_wing
- Ready In:
- Saute fresh mushrooms in butter until golden (about 10 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs and stir.
- Pat into a 9" pie plate.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spoon into crust.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a very nice surprise! Not at all quiche tasting, but really interesting. I added some chopped tomatoes to the top and they matched very well with the onion. I used low fat ingredients with good results. Will play around with different veggies...this seems really versatile. Thanks for sharing!
This turned out very tasty. I loved the mushroom crust. Not only do you get to avoid making and eating a regular pie crust, but it tastes really good. I used low fat cheeses for the filling and added a bit more spices, but otherwise made as directed. We will make this again for sure. It makes a lovely weeknight meal as it is easy to put together and tastes great. Thanks for posting!