Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I tweaked a recipe I found online and it turned out really well. Great for a low-carb lifestyle. Net Carbs (total carbs - fiber) = 3.2 per 1/4 cup serving.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar-free spaghetti sauce (Hunts brand recommended)
- 1 (12 ounce) can diet pepsi (or other diet cola)
- 1⁄4 cup no-sugar-added ketchup (Heinz brand recommended)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- hot sauce (to taste, Frank's brand recommended)
- xanthan gum
- Combine all ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
- While whisking sauce, sprinkle xanthan gum in and whisk well. Add xanthan until the sauce has reached the desired thickness.
- Alternatively, you can use an immersion blender while adding the xanthan gum to get a completely smooth sauce.
- Refrigerate for storage.