Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
My mother always used to tell me, "Eat this for 100 years, you'll be an old woman!" I'm working on it....
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled,halved lengthwise and cuting into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces fresh baby carrots
- 4 meaty short rib of beef (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with juice, do not drain
- snipped dill (for garnish)
- Mix all the ingredients except for the ribs, pepper, dill and tomatoes in a slow cooker.
- Top with the ribs, sprinkle with the pepper, top with the dill and then the tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Spoon the fat off the surface.
- Serve in shallow soup plates, sprinkled with dill.
I have never really been a fan of slow cooker recipes but this one is terrific. We really enjoyed the flavour and tenderness of the meat. I will certainly make this again.
T'was a wet. dank, stormy night and I was so happy that I put these short ribs on this morning. - When you taste this wholesome meal you will wish to live to 100 to continue enjoying it - Mama knows!!! - Healthy mix of veggies and the meat is fall off the bone tender. Thanks Mirjam you have warmed the cockles of my heart!