1/1 Photo of Longevity Short Ribs
9 hrs 10 mins
My mother always used to tell me, "Eat this for 100 years, you'll be an old woman!" I'm working on it....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled,halved lengthwise and cuting into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces fresh baby carrots
- 4 meaty short rib of beef (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice, do not drain
- snipped dill (for garnish)
- 1Mix all the ingredients except for the ribs, pepper, dill and tomatoes in a slow cooker.
- 2Top with the ribs, sprinkle with the pepper, top with the dill and then the tomatoes.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- 4Spoon the fat off the surface.
- 5Serve in shallow soup plates, sprinkled with dill.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Longevity Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 610.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
short rib of beef