1/1 Photo of Loaded Baked Potato Soup
We use to have this all the time at a favorite restaurant till I made my own up. YUM! I usually double this for when we are having a large group to visit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 5 baked potatoes
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon (I cheat sometimes and use the REAL bacon pieces in the bag)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Peel and cut the baked potatoes into medium sized chunks. (This can be done a day in advance to save time).
- 2Place butter and onions in a large pot.
- 3Cook till onions are semi-clear.
- 4Reserve 2 cups of milk and pour the rest in the pot with the onions.
- 5Warm milk and while it is heating mix remaining milk with the flour, whisking till smooth.
- 6Whisk the milk/flour mixture into the heated milk, continuing to whisk till well blended and smooth (minus the onions of course).
- 7When milk has thickened add the potatoes, bacon, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- 8Finally mix in the sour cream just till melted inches.
- 9Garnish as desired.
- 10Cook time does not include time to bake potatoes.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.7
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 324.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 13.6 g