Loaded Baked Potato Soup
This soup tastes just like the baked potato soup they serve at Bob Evans. It goes great with a salad and some buttermilk biscuits. I use 2 packages of Oscar Mayer microwaveable bacon instead of frying regular bacon and it is just as good.
- Ready In:
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 7 cups milk (whole milk works best)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fried bacon, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1. Bake potatoes in oven until done; let cool. Peel and cut potatoes into bite size pieces.
- 2. In a large pot on medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir until blended.
- 3. Increase heat to medium-high, slowly adding milk until mixture is almost to a boil.
- 4. Add potatoes, green onions and bacon.
- 5. Stir in cheese and sour cream.
- 6. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 7. Heat until cheese is melted; serve.