This was the most tender and tasty version of liver and onions I ever had. The broth and the dredged flour on the liver makes a very nice gravy. It is good served over rice or with mashed potatoes.
- Place enough flour in a large bowl to coat the liver. Add salt and pepper.
- Slice liver and dredge in seasoned flour.
- Place olive oil in a large skillet and brown both sides of the liver over medium high heat.
- Place sliced onions in the skillet with the liver.
- Pour beef broth on top of liver and onions.
- Cover and simmer on low until onions are tender and broth forms a nice gravy.