Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was the most tender and tasty version of liver and onions I ever had. The broth and the dredged flour on the liver makes a very nice gravy. It is good served over rice or with mashed potatoes.
- flour, for dredging
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef liver, sliced
- 1 -2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- Place enough flour in a large bowl to coat the liver. Add salt and pepper.
- Slice liver and dredge in seasoned flour.
- Place olive oil in a large skillet and brown both sides of the liver over medium high heat.
- Place sliced onions in the skillet with the liver.
- Pour beef broth on top of liver and onions.
- Cover and simmer on low until onions are tender and broth forms a nice gravy.
Tasty and very tender. I did not have beef broth but used beef bouillion. I did soak the liver in milk for about 1 hour which is suppose to take the bitterness away.
This was amazingly quick to make and equally tasty! Left my mouth watering for more. Love it.
This liver and onion was quick and very delicious.just 3 tbs of olive oil and the beef broth I didn't have to do anything. the gravy made it self. love it.