Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lingonberry preserves as an ingredient make for a moist cake.
Make and share this Lingonberry Cake - Norway recipe from Food.com.
For the cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup lingonberry preserves
For the streusel topping
- 2⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder, then cut in the butter with pastry blender.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Fold in the lingonberry preserves.
- Spread into a greased 8x12 inch pan.
- Combine the streusel ingredients, and
- spread it over the batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until golden. Cool in the pan.
- Lift out a quarter or half of the cake, and cut into slices. Continue with portions in this way.
I really was looking forward to this cake and I think I really followed the instructions, but it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. That being said, I did make one change because after I had cut in the butter and added the egg, the mixture was still crumbly, all I had left to add was the preserves and I didn't think that would make a batter so I added 1 egg which made it come together. If you update the directions to say that the mixture should be crumbly prior to adding the preserves, then I will try it again with just one egg, but I couldn't see pouring a crumbly mixture into the cake pan. I can see it being a good tea or coffee cake as it is not very sweet. Thanks for the recipe and I hope someone has better luck than I did with it.