Norwegian Lingonberry Nut Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups lingonberries (fresh or frozen)
- Combine the first 4 ingredients and set aside.
- Use a mixer to blend the remaining ingredients, except the nuts and berries.
- Blend in the flour mixture until the flour completely disappears.
- Then, stir in the nuts and berries.
- You now have two options:.
- Option 1: Make a loaf by pouring the batter into a well-greased 9" X 5" X3" loaf pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
- Option 2: Make muffins by pouring the batter into 18 paper-lined 2 3/4 inch muffin cups, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was very yummy. I did make a few substitutions, though. I only had a handful of lingonberries on hand, so I supplemented with blueberries and cranberries. I also didn't have any orange juice, so I used lemon juice and added a teaspoon of orange emulsion. I baked them in my popover pan for 30 minutes and they came out just a tad overdone, but still very tasty. However, I think next time I will cut back on the cloves, as they were just a tad overpowering for my taste. Otherwise, great recipe. Thanks.