Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens: Family Favorites Made Lighter. I am always looking for ways to redice fat in dinners without sacrificing flavor, this book is a great tool!
- 12 ounces sirloin steaks, trimmed and cut into bite size strips
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces cooked fettuccine
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- Mix together water, soy or Worcestershire sauce, cornstarch, boullion, and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Spray a cold wok or skillet with nonstick spray.
- Preheat over medium.
- Add the garlic and stirfry for 15 seconds.
- Add the onion and stirfry for a minute.
- Add the bell pepper and stir-fry 2 minutes more or until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Remove veggies from wok.
- Add beef to wok or skillet (add a teaspoon of canola oil if needed).
- Stir fry 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Push beef to sides of wok or skillet and add the sauce to the center.
- Cook and stir until bubbly and thickened.
- Return the veggies to the wok or skillet.
- Stir all together to evenly coat with sauce.
- Cook and stir another minute or until heated through.
- Add the tomato wedges and stir gently.
- Serve immediately over the fettucine.