Light and Luscious Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
A delicious way to enjoy cabbage! From Better Homes and Gardens: Family Favorites Made Lighter.
- Ready In:
- 8 cabbage leaves
- 12 ounces 90% lean ground beef or 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Immerse 4 cabbage leaves at a time into boiling water for 3 minutes or until limp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In large skillet cook meat, onions, and garlic until meat is browned.
- Drain and stir in water, undrained tomatoes, uncooked rice, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon oregano, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Place 1/3 cup meat mixture onto each cabbage leaf and fold in sides.
- Roll up starting at an unfolded edge and make sure folded sides are included in roll.
- In a small bowl mix tomato sauce, sugar, basil, and salt.
- Pour half of it on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place rolls in dish and pour remaining sauce on top.
- Bake covered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION