Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is out of the 2005 edition KCTS Chefs cookbook. It was sent in by owner and executive Chef Alison Hero from the Silverwater Cafe in Port Townsend , Washington. Cooking time does not include refrigerated time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups lentils (green or brown)
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- Place lentils and water in a small pot and cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cool water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add lentils when completely cool and mix.
- Let sit, refrigerated, for 2 hours or more.
This is a sure fire winner if you like lentils. Loved the feta, it seemed the perfect ingredient to set this above the rank and file. Great flavors, great taste, great lunch. :D
My whole family LOVED this recipe! I followed the directions exactly!
Fabulous recipe! I loved the flavors and got compliments from guests, too. I followed the recipe as printed.