Recipe by teresas
This is out of the 2005 edition KCTS Chefs cookbook. It was sent in by owner and executive Chef Alison Hero from the Silverwater Cafe in Port Townsend , Washington. Cooking time does not include refrigerated time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups lentils (green or brown)
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lentils and water in a small pot and cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cool water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add lentils when completely cool and mix.
- Let sit, refrigerated, for 2 hours or more.