photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce (can add extra tsp of chili paste for extra spice)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 lb beef, sliced into bite-size pieces (chicken may be substituted)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, shredded
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan.
- Add the finely minced garlic and saute' until slightly golden.
- Combine the chili sauce, soy sauce and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix well before adding into the pan.
- Add the beef (or chicken) into the simmering sauce mixture in the pan.
- Continue to simmer until the liquid is reduced.
- Add the shredded onion with a dash of sesame oil.
- Stir fry until everything is tender and fully cooked.
- Serve with rice and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This made for a quick and tasty weeknight meal. It made quite a bit of sauce and I didn't want to let it cook too long. Next time I would increase the chili sauce or add red pepper flakes and add some cornstarch. There will be a next time as in the words of my DS, "This would be one of my top five dinners!" Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>