Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe by Damian Heads, I saw him do it on Ready Steady Cook & it lokked great. I want to try it with low-fat ricotta to see how that works.
- 200 g fresh ricotta
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C Grease a 3-cup capacity ceramic ovenproof dish.
- Place ricotta, lemon rind, 1/4 cup lemon juice, eggs and 1/3 cup sugar in a bowl. Using a balloon whisk, whisk until smooth. Stir in flour. Mix well to combine. Spoon batter into prepared dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Preheat grill on medium. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon sugar over surface of pudding. Place under grill and cook for 1 minute or until golden. Drizzle with honey, sprinkle with nuts and serve.
This was great and very easy to make. I added a handful of berries so it looked pretty. It cuts well and is clearly a versatile recipe that can be jazzed up if need be or just enjoyed with a dollop of cream on the side. It does go very well with fruit and could be served at brunch. We all loved it.